Matt's Online Journalism Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

CNN.com: Beatles Quiz

Just was looking on Moodle (for UCE students) and found an example of a quiz:


http://archives.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/04/beatles/index.html
(There is a link to the quiz on the right hand side of this page)

I have just taken part in this quiz, and am going to be a little critical about it. I know nothing about the Beatles (so I wasn't expecting to get every answer right), but I really didn't like this quiz.

The quiz is made in HTML, and the answers are given in a 'text box' simply saying if you are right or wrong. I understand that it would work on many computers, but it didn't seem up to the standard of some other quizzes I have looked at. For example, it doesn't give you a summary at the end of your results.

Although I didn't like it technically, it was a great example of a news story which felt the need to add a quiz and also a poll. You can read the article at
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/04/beatles/index.html
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home